PSI Job ApplicationTraining Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Reports To: Training Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Training Specialist will support the Training Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Work in concert with all supervisors/managers and assists the Training Manager to maintain proficiency of the contract force for all training requirements.
- Provide technical instruction to Security Force in a professional manner.
- Assist Training Manager with the management and supervision of the security and firearms training programs.
- Ensure lines of communication are kept open between students and Training Manager.
- Develop, maintain and update applicable lesson plans, written measurements and practical evaluation checklists as directed.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of all firearms, collective and ancillary training is accomplished pursuant to requirements.
- Assist Training Manager with the Physical Abilities Test (PAT) in regards to administering and documentation for the PAT.
- Responsible for inputting training information into the NPSTA TRAC System
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in Law Enforcement with instructor training certification for classroom instruction and firearms training and qualification.
- Possess excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (such as: MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Be able to obtain NASA Protective Services Training Academy certification for Classroom, Defensive Tactics and Taser Instruction as an Adjunct Instructor
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound decisions based on that data.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Must successfully complete a pre-employment Physical Abilities Test (PAT) and annually thereafter as prescribed by the government.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will occasionally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Praetorian Standard, Inc. is a SDVOSB. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.