Position Contingent on Contract Award
The Senior Software Developer will aid in creating, improving and integrating software methodologies and capabilities in support of ongoing efforts.
This Developer performs a variety of tasks, may provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The Senior Software Developer will focus on innovative solutions for real customers, this candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team including cyber subject matter experts, engineers, scientists, and software developers, to deliver end to end solutions that address customer requirements. Will help lead, design and create state of the art AI systems leveraging traditional machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing, and Q&A systems.
Candidate should have some amount of familiarity with supporting hardware systems. Application development, and new hardware architecture is essential as you will be working across a range of platforms and networks. Algorithm development and hardware enhancements are key areas of research. This position requires constant learning and staying ahead of the field – knowing what is and what will be the future of AI.
- Apply software engineering skills, design skills, and creative thinking to build cutting edge AI systems
- Identify and refine project requirements, solutions to potentially abstract AI challenges, and well-defined performance metrics
- Lead the efforts in designing and developing software as scalable architectures, components, API’s and systems
- Translate project requirements into executable roadmaps for creating and measuring technical capability
- Work in high intensity, joint teams of engineers and subject matter experts
- Be agile in the development methodology, while solving difficult problems and exploring new domains
Education/Experience Minimum Requirements
Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, mathematical science, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering or related technical discipline required
8 Years of applied machine learning
4+ years of software development experience required using Java or Python
MS with 6+ years /PhD with 3+ yrs in Computer Science field
Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance. Preferred: Active Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
- Strong background in one or more of: Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Pattern Recognition, Large Scale Data Mining or Artificial Intelligence.
- Strong Experience using one of TensorFlow, MXNet, Theano, Caffe and/or other open source frameworks. Solid understanding of underlying concepts of Tensor Flow (as an example) to understand/enhance the inner workings of an AI framework of choice
- Strong Experience with AWS
- Delivery of a previous AI based project with success and failure stories from a real customers, with a good sense of lessons learnt and a clear interest and passion in trying out what was learnt into new projects.
- Hands on coding with C/C++, Python, Lua, Matlab or any proficient AI language of choice
- A mathematical, statistical and probability inclination and deep understanding of some AI concepts
- Experience with a computer vision tool (OpenCV) and algorithms.
- Can provide a sample code of previous work
Praetorian Standard Inc. is a SDVOSB. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.