Position Contingent on Contract Award
The Integration, Verification, and Validation (IV&V) Software Test Engineer will aid in creating, improving and integrating current methodologies and capabilities in support of ongoing development efforts.
This Senior Software Test Engineer performs a variety of tasks, may provide consultation on complex projects and is considered the top-level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Candidates should have extensive experience in the areas of industry IV&V best practices. The successful IV&V Software Test Engineer will understand the impact of software revisions from a systems perspective, engage in testing and evaluation of software revisions, and develop procedures necessary to test the end-to-end system.
- Define, document, and perform test cases in accordance with project requirements.
- Developing and maintaining process sheets, work instructions and other documentation for production.
- Provide subject matter expertise with system validation and verification for troubleshooting of designated systems.
- Working with Technical Managers, manage software and Integration related bugs as well as change request, using the dedicated project’s tools and processes.
- Generate technical documents, such as test plans, procedures, design specifications, and cost estimates.
- Provide technical input/feedback to the development team.
- Travel to customer facilities to assist with product technical issues.
Education Minimum Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Systems Engineering
Master’s Degree in similar field
Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance. Preferred: Active Secret or TS Clearance
- Previous experience as Software IV&V Engineer or Software Test Engineer.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental software design concepts/principles/theories
- Software Automation Testing (Backend/APIs) with Industry Tools (Selenium, Python, PHP, Ruby, Bash)
- System End-To-End Testing/System Testing
- Networking / Windows / Linux System Integration / Networking equipment (Cisco)
- Willingness and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Familiar with embedded devices and mobile technologies
- Organized and autonomous; Capability to learn fast; Team player and cooperative
- Demonstrate good judgment, innovation mind set and good initiative skills;
- Past implementation of SCRUM methodology or Agile project management experience.
Praetorian Standard Inc. is a SDVOSB. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.