The Senior Industrial Engineer will provide ‘hands-on’ engineering support and act as technical lead for designated projects, under the direction of the Project Lead. Desired candidate must be open to learning and possess the initiative to carry out assigned duties to the best of their abilities. In addition, you will be interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of designs. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and teamwork skills, proven problem-solving abilities, and a can-do attitude.
The projects that will be assigned involve government work and US Citizenship is required.
- Provide subject matter expertise with system analysis, design, delivery, verification, and troubleshooting of designated systems.
- Generate technical documents, such as test plans, procedures, design specifications, schematic drawings, process flow diagrams and cost estimates.
- Provide technical input/feedback to the development team.
- Provide technical feedback to the Program Manager.
- Travel to customer/end user sites to support assigned projects.
Education Minimum Requirements
BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field, plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant engineering experience.
MS in one of the previously listed fields, plus 7 years of relevant engineering experience or a PhD plus 5 years of relevant engineering experience.
Selected applicant will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Minimum of ten years specialized experience in industrial systems, automation systems and/or light/medium industrial manufacturing.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of systems engineering concepts/principles/theories.
- A strong knowledge of the systems engineering life cycle processes within an industrial and/or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental engineering concepts/principles/theories and standard engineering methodologies (AGILE, LEAN, etc.)
- Proficiency with requirements management, system design, system modeling tools, generating and interpreting schematic drawings and process flow diagrams.
- Proficiency performing system research and analysis (such as reviewing vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals).
- Proficiency implementing appropriate industry standards, ‘best practices’, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to perform system-level integration and testing, including development of test plans and procedures.
- Ability to clearly articulate, verbally and in writing, new concepts and capabilities to the team and customers.
- Demonstrated understanding of test equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, or signal analyzers.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Design, simulation, and/or analysis tools (OrCAD, MATLAB, Simulink, LabVIEW, etc.)
- Software/firmware development (Java, Python, C, etc.)
- Modeling and/or drafting software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.)
- Past implementation of SCRUM methodology or Agile project management experience.
Travel is required; Expected Travel: 20% (Approximately 80 days/year).
Praetorian Standard Inc. is a SDVOSB. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.