The Principal Cyber Engineer is primarily a technical and a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for cyber development. This position is located in Aberdeen, North Carolina. This Engineer understands the capture process and lifecycle of the development of technical cyber efforts. Execution of these responsibilities will require the ability to create solutions by synthesizing creative support, mission strategy, industry standards, processes, and technology to achieve the program objectives.
The successful applicant will join a multi-discipline distributed team and integrate existing products, industry architecture methods and emerging technologies to solve our customers’ complex IT/cyber challenges.
The Principal Cyber Engineer will provide cyber management services government agencies related to threats in Cyberspace Operations. You will also manage cyber development projects with Agile Software Development methodology to balance user requirements with technical realities. This position may provide customized training and documentation for software products. This position plans and facilitates exercises focused on Cyberspace Operations in support of military operations.
- Provide oversite of projects and analyze system security to identify and mitigate risks
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the development of critical cybersecurity procedures and key resources
- Provide guidance and manage testing of existing software development and new technologies
- Routinely provide guidance to and assists in the training of less experienced staff
- Position Requires a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years)
- Must have experience related to Cyber Security Engineering
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including negotiations experience
- Strong technical background with ability to continually evaluate the needs of new and emerging technologies
- Working knowledge of industry best practices in IT/cyber security
- Cyberspace Operations experience / fusion centers experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of experience, in computer science, engineering or related discipline
- Cyberspace Operations Operator Course graduate
- Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA) and/or GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) Certification
- Cloud Computing (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google)
- Diverse Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, RHEL, etc.)
- Wireless Networking Experience
- Platforms: Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Cisco IOS.
- Networking: TCP/IP, Switching, Routing, Firewall, VPN.
- Tools: Antivirus Utilities, Wireshark, Metasploit, Nessus vulnerability scanner, Splunk, Microsoft Office, VMware ESXi and Workstation, PGP.
Praetorian Standard Inc. is a SDVOSB. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Job Type: Full-time