POLICY ANALYST – IMMEDIATE HIRE
Praetorian Standard, Inc. (PSI) is a privately held, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides specialized logistics, operational and security management support services in challenging environments around the world. PSI has expertise in commercial mining, Department of Defense contracts and Department of Homeland Security contracts. With offices in North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky and Afghanistan, PSI creates and implements life support services such as intelligence coordination, protection management and situational analysis. For more information, visit www.praetorianstandardinc.com.
The successful candidate will work as a member of a small team supporting the Department of State’s Counterterrorism Preparedness Program. This position will focus specifically on, but may not be limited to: support exercise planning for domestic and international counterterrorism exercises; assist with training objectives, development and exercise design; attend meetings and contribute to interim planning reviews to meet exercise lifecycle programs and programmatic milestone requirements; prepare, publish, archive documents and monitor changes; draft reports and presentations and other deliverables as required; assist with the development of exercise control, architecture, and exercise concept of operations; attend working groups and informational meetings to maintain insight into current processes and procedures and/or other standardized processes that are fully implemented and in place to guide development and activities.
The candidate will perform professional duties related to the review, assessment, and development of exercise and operational processes and exercise findings and corrective action plans. Assists with preparation, presentation, and follow-up of meetings. The candidate will operate under general or minimum supervision, and interacts with more senior technical and analytical staff, representatives of foreign governments, and the U.S. interagency. The candidate will comply with security requirements and processes for handling classified information. Final products may be reviewed upon completion with regard to operational and technical soundness and appropriateness. The position reports to the Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years general experience (working with the Department of State or other federal government agency a plus).
- Excellent and professional oral and written communication skills, data gathering, analytical, and problem solving skills are critical.
- Current TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI eligibility is required.
- Ability to travel worldwide (about 10% of the time).
- An in-depth knowledge of US DOD/DOS security and classification procedures is necessary.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond and adjust to rapidly evolving requirements.
- Past experience and ability to act as a liaison between departmental end-users, analysts, consultants and other government organizations is a plus.
- Degree in International Studies/Political Science
- International work experience or study abroad experience.
- Knowledge of emergency management discipline.