POLICY ANALYST – IMMEDIATE HIRE
Praetorian Standard, Inc. (PSI) is a privately held, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides specialized logistics, operational and security management support services in challenging environments around the world. PSI has expertise in commercial mining, Department of Defense contracts and Department of Homeland Security contracts. With offices in North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky and Afghanistan, PSI creates and implements life support services such as intelligence coordination, protection management and situational analysis. For more information, visit www.praetorianstandardinc.com.
The successful candidate will work with a team of subject matter experts and technical staff in support of system engineering, test, exercise, documentation and help desk activities, as needed. The candidate will work within a team of approximately 15 people that supports government based information technology systems. This position will focus specifically on, but may not be limited to: support exercise planning, collaboration, and conduct through use of technology. This will include assisting with end user documentation, training, and user support functions. Candidate will also provide input to engineering processes and documentation and will collaborate with government customers on system use and requirements. Candidate may support configuration and management of content within online content management systems.
The candidate will perform professional duties and must be a team player with a diverse background and possess the willingness and capability to multi-task. The candidate will operate under general or minimum supervision, and interacts with more senior technical and analytical staff. The position reports to the Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years general experience (working with the Department of Homeland Security or other federal government agency a plus).
- Experience preparing technical documents and reports to inform system designs
- Excellent and professional oral and written communication skills, data gathering, analytical and problem solving skills are critical.
- Experience providing end-user system support, training, and orientation.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Word, Power Point and Excel.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS
- Ability to respond and adjust to rapidly evolving requirements.
- Past experience and ability to act as a liaison between departmental end users, analysts, consultants and other government organizations.
- Knowledge of emergency management discipline or HSEEP procedures a plus.
- Experience with online content management systems and documentation repositories to include site configuration.