HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
Praetorian Standard, Inc. (PSI) is a privately held, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides specialized logistics, operational and security management support services in challenging environments around the world. PSI has current contracts with Department of Defense, Department of State, Department of Energy, and Department of Homeland Security. With offices in North Carolina and Virginia, PSI also creates and implements life support services such as intelligence coordination, protection management and situational analysis for commercial clients. For more information, visit www.praetorianstandardinc.com.
The successful candidate will work with corporate leadership, subject matter experts, and technical staff to support the corporation as a whole. The candidate will provide support in a diverse range of HR functional areas including: employee relations, employee engagement, HRIS, labor relations, labor agreement updates, equal opportunity employment, safety, legal compliance, performance management, recruiting, training, employee communication, and updates of HR policies and procedures. This position works closely with supervisors in a coaching role to help implement HR strategies and meet company mission, vision, and goals.
The candidate will develop and administer company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives while following all federal and state legal requirements. Promote positive employee relations through design, communication and interpretation of human resource policies and programs and well as developing and coordinating recruiting ad retention strategies and successions planning processes. This individual will coordinate exit interviews and communicate those findings to management; analyze date, prepare reports and make recommendations on a variety of HR issues.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, eight (8) to ten (10) years of related experience, or a equivalent combination of education and experience in a HR department.
- Have or be able to obtain and keep a Secret level security clearance.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Experience in negotiating, communicating and resolving collective bargaining agreements, grievance meetings, arbitrations, and other organized labor work force (Union) related activities.
- Experience in Service Contract Act (SCA) regulations.
- Experience coordinating training programs, personal and career development, performance appraisal process, compensation systems, diversity and benefit programs.
- Experience in coordinating employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Ability to negotiates contracts with outside vendors to provide employee services.
- Notifies employees and labor union representatives of changes in benefit programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds. This includes having the ability to influence management when appropriate.
- Experience in all HR concentration areas such as benefits; compensation; workforce planning and employment; employee relations; occupational health, safety and security; strategic management; employee development; and training.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Understand (ISO 9001 2015 Compliant) procedures and practices for hiring new employees.
- Create and implement employee relations policies to help increase employees’ job satisfaction.
- Develop a list of (ISO 9001 2015 Compliant) procedures and practices for hiring new employees .
- Establish an orientation procedure for onboarding new hires and training them to meet the needs of the company.
- Communicate with employees about compensation, benefits and other facets of their employment.
- Approve and schedule PTO and SL based on employee need and company requirements.
- Respond to questions or complaints from employees in a timely fashion.
- Manage all other HR department personnel.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS
- Able to champion new ideas, manage change, and execute on action plans.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare reports and company-wide business correspondence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Understands the organization’s value proposition and can articulate fundamentals of business and how the units tie together.
- HRIS experience is a plus (UltiPro).