Company Job Title: Human Resources Professional
Location: Fayetteville, NC (Telework)
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The HR Professional provides support in a diverse range of HR functional areas including employee relations, employee engagement, HRIS, labor relations, labor agreement updates, equal opportunity employment, safety, legal compliance, performance management, recruiting, training, employee communication, and updates of HR policies and procedures. This position works closely with supervisors in a coaching role to help implement HR strategies and meet company mission, vision, and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Help to develop and administer company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Promote positive employee relations through design, communication, and interpretation of human resources policies and programs.
- Help to coordinate recruiting and retention strategies and succession planning process.
- Help to coordinates exit interview process and communication of findings to management.
- Analyze data, prepare reports, and make recommendations on a variety of human resources issues.
- Help to coordinate training programs, personal and career development, performance appraisal process, compensation systems, diversity and benefit programs.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Help to coordinates employee-relations activities and programs, including but not limited to, employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Review employee relation’s issues and recommend appropriate responses to management.
- Help to negotiates contracts with outside vendors to provide employee services.
- Support in negotiating collective bargaining agreements, grievance meetings, arbitrations, and other Union related activities.
- Notify employees and labor union representatives of changes in benefit programs.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, eight (8) to ten (10) years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Experience with California employment laws and regulations a plus.
- Union experience is preferred.
- SCA experience is preferred.
- Government contracting experience is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds. This includes having the ability to influence management when appropriate.
- Able to champion new ideas, manage change, and execute on action plans.
- Experience in all HR concentration areas such as benefits; compensation (salary surveys); workforce planning and employment; employee relations; occupational health, safety and security; strategic management; employee development; and training.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare reports and company-wide business correspondence.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Power Point.
- HRIS experience is a plus (Paylocity).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license
- Must be able to meet drug testing and alcohol – free workforce requirements to include random drug and/or alcohol testing
Praetorian Standard Inc. is a SDVOSB. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.