Position Description (Full-Time)
PSI is seeking a qualified Regional Training Coordinator to support a contingent award of a five-year Department of State contract to conduct Chemical, Biological, Radioactive, and Nuclear (CBRN) awareness and response training for U.S. embassies and facilities worldwide and domestic.
The Regional Training Coordinator is responsible for all WMD training in their assigned geographic regions. This process will include identifying training priorities for the region and coordinating with Diplomatic Security Regional Directors and Regional Security Officers (RSOs) to arrange the necessary training to meet overall WMD goals. The RTC is responsible for oversight and/or participation in all aspects of planning, monitoring, managing, and delivering contractor services within the region. The RTC provides overall operational direction to Senior Instructors providing training within the region and provides status reports, as required.
The Regional Training Coordinator must possess the following background, knowledge, and experience:
- Minimum of three years of general experience in the CBRN field, either as an instructor in the field or as a certified State, Federal or Military first responder, is required.
- Instructor experience is required.
- CBRN training experience with civilian students is required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of training precepts and techniques that support instructional systems design processes are required. The ability to transcribe technical information into wording and formats for comprehension by all students, at all levels, who may have limited backgrounds and understanding of the WMD field, is required.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate orally, as well as in writing, and be physically fit to perform prescribed instructor duties, is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the Department and with other federal agencies is required.
- Ability to reduce highly complex instructional materials to a simplified instructional presentation that can be understood by host country persons with limited English language capability is required.
- Experience working with foreign language translators/interpreters in the presentation of training materials is required.
- Familiarity with standard training evaluation methods and mechanisms is required.
- General understanding of computer-use skills is required (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite).
- A current TOP SECRET clearance is required.
- U.S. Citizenship
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level/salary requirements along with the application.