Company Job Title: Data Engineer (Level 1 (less experienced) and Level 2 Combined)
Clearance: Top Secret
Location: Fayetteville, NC / Remote
Reports To: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Praetorian Standard, Inc. (PSI) is a privately held, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides specialized logistics, operational and security management support services in challenging environments around the world. PSI has expertise in commercial mining, Department of Defense, Department of State, Department of Energy contracts and Department of Homeland Security contracts. With offices in North Carolina, Texas and Virginia, PSI creates and implements life support services such as intelligence coordination, protection management and situational analysis. For more information, visit www.praetorianstandard.com.
General Duties and Responsibilities: The Data Engineer is responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team including cyber subject matter experts, engineers, scientists, software developers and clients to guide development of end-to-end solutions (leveraging DevSecOps and data management strategies) that address/meet customer requirements, facilitate data science efforts and oversee various development efforts. With minimal supervision, additional responsibilities include implementing and maintaining customized infrastructure to collect, store and access data for research, development and information-gathering purposes, with an emphasis on data pipelines and automation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to multiple projects as they integrate data analysis and automation into their workflow.
- Collaborate with engineers and subject matter experts to design customized solutions that meet evolving project requirements.
- Oversee the development of data analysis environments to ingest and process data from a variety of industrial systems.
- Build data analysis environments to ingest and process data from a variety of industrial systems.
- Serve as data administrator for small development teams.
- Conduct appropriate testing on all developed infrastructures.
- Employ database management best practices to optimize data analysis pipelines.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience (Combination of less experienced and more experienced)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, operations research, mathematics, physics, or a related field, advanced degree in a related field of study a plus.
- Minimum 3 to 7 years of relevant industry, academic experience or a combination of both; experience in cybersecurity and/or binary analysis a plus.
- Expertise and/or demonstrated history of architecting and managing data collection pipelines with application in data analysis and automation.
Skills and Computer Skills
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL, and experience with other languages (GO, C++, etc.).
- Communicate complex quantitative matters in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Strong sense of ownership, attention to detail, willingness to expand knowledge base and acumen for autonomous work alongside a collaborative team.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Top-Secret security clearance
PSI is a SDVOSB, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; we are a Drug-Free Workplace and comply with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Further, we are required to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities for all persons. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
PSI participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program and may perform drug screenings as part of the application process where permissible by state law and required by contract.