ARA seeks a Computer Engineer or Computer Scientist to serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the area of Cyber Forensics, in support of Test and Evaluation (T&E) efforts. The successful candidate will have a passion to apply cyber security techniques to new domains. This position is well-suited for individuals who enjoy keeping abreast of the latest trends, emerging techniques, and bleeding edge technologies in both attack vectors and security measures.
Daily performance supports a multi-discipline distributed team to integrate existing products, industry architecture methods and emerging technologies to solve our customers’ complex IT/cyber challenges.
The Cyber Engineer will provide software analysis and engineering to support research and development of activity related to threats in Cyberspace Operations. You will also support developmental projects and balance research requirements with technical realities. This position may provide customized training and documentation for software products. You will work across several research teams to advance the state-of-the-art in cyber defense and offense.
This position serves as the subject matter expert for network forensics and exploitation technologies.
- Provide oversite of projects and analyze system security to identify and mitigate risks
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the development of critical cybersecurity procedures and key resources
- Provide guidance and manage testing of existing software development and new technologies
- Routinely provide guidance to and assists in the training of less experienced staff
- U.S. citizen able to obtain clearance; TS preferred (Position requires ability to get TS-SCI)
- Must have a sophisticated knowledge of software protection mechanisms, extensive knowledge of low-level software development including network protocol design and development, kernel module development, compiler design and development, virtualization and emulation technologies, cloud computing environments,
- Be well-versed in multiple programming languages and comfortable learning new languages and language variants.
- Software engineering-level technical proficiency in the following areas: -Penetration testing – Operating systems (Windows and/or Unix/Linux) – Network analysis -Network security – Incident response – Network forensics – Vulnerability and malware analysis – Low-level protocol and packet analysis – Scripting and/or programming.
- 7 years or more experience in an engineering/network development environment involving cyber forensics.
- Excellent technical communications and leadership skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Physics.
- Must have experience related to Cyber Security Engineering
- Strong technical background with ability to continually evaluate the needs of new and emerging technologies
- Working knowledge of industry best practices in IT/cyber security
- Master’s degree or higher.
- TS clearance with SCI eligibility
Aberdeen/Southern Pines, North Carolina is the office location with travel to Virginia offices and various facilities to interact with the government teams.
GREA – certified reverse engineering analyst
GREM – GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware certification
Praetorian Standard Inc. is a SDVOSB. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.