The Automation Engineer specifies, procures, installs, operates and maintains industrial control systems and the processing equipment they control.
This Engineer performs a variety of tasks, may provide consultation on complex projects and this person will be a top-level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Extensive experience in the areas of industry automation practices, paired with practical application in the design, implementation, and use of industrial control systems. Experience in biological, chemical, or nuclear industrial automation control systems is preferred. This Engineer investigates and analyzes unique or highly technical manufacturing and customer issues providing technical assistance in establishing procedures and methods. You will evaluate complex in-process rejections and trends implementing protective measures as well as assessing efficacy of modifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Scope the Industrial Control System Hardware and Software Requirements for a given industrial process
- Write the specification(s) that an equipment manufacturer will use to prepare labor and material cost estimates
- Review cost estimates, Process Flow Diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, Detailed Mechanical Drawings, and Detailed Electrical Drawings
- Develop and review Factory, Installation and Performance Acceptance Testing Documents
- Conduct, Document and Sign off on the testing referenced above
- Travel to customer facilities to assist with technical issues
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining process sheets, work instructions and other documentation for production
- Provide subject matter expertise with system analysis, design, delivery, verification, and troubleshooting of designated systems
- Generate technical documents, such as test plans and procedures
- Provide technical input/feedback to the development team
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must be US Citizen
- Clearance Preferred (Secret/TS) – this position requires the ability to obtain and hold a TS clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering;
- Must be experienced with one or more of the following Industrial Control Systems
- Siemens WinCC
- Siemens PCS7
- ABB 800xA
- Honeywell PKS
- Emerson DeltaV
- Must have experience with the Hardware and Software used by one or more of the systems listed above.
- Must have certified training as an engineer, installer, or maintainer of one or more of the systems listed above
- Must be able to troubleshoot failures in the system due to actuators, sensors, control system hardware, and software.
- Must be able to take corrective action to fix such failures.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental engineering concepts/principles/theories and standard engineering methodologies
- Proficiency with requirements management.
- Ability to clearly articulate, verbally and in writing, new concepts and capabilities to the team and customers
- Demonstrate good judgment, innovation mind set and good initiative skills
- Continuous improvement oriented, efficient under pressure, able to function autonomously
- Past implementation of SCRUM methodology or Agile project management experience
Praetorian Standard Inc. is a SDVOSB. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.